When it concerns the holiday, table all around the world typically differ in regards to the meals that are drawn out. For the Filipino vacation banquet, a meal that is often in presence is among the beautiful ham or hamon. There is simply something so distinctively tasty about a completely experienced, sweet and juicy ham steak.
However what about taking a little a various path for your next unique event? You can still use your vacation ham for this recipe, however we will attempt it with a bit more of a mouthwatering, tacky twist. Let me present you to my tasty Tacky Ham Steak with Bacon and Mushroom meal!
What does tacky ham steak with bacon and mushroom taste like?
The initial hamon meal is currently quite popular as it is so you might be questioning– why the requirement for any variation? Well, for those who choose their viands to be less on the sweeter side, however rather have that alluring saltiness, a touch of bacon would do a lot in making your ham steak even much better! The addition of gooey melted cheese is simply the cherry on top. The very best part is this meal fasts and simple to make! How about we start?
Ingredients in Tacky Ham Steak with Bacon and Mushroom
CDO Vacation Ham
To Begin With is our primary active ingredient, which is 500 grams of CDO Vacation Ham This is ideal to utilize as it currently has that stunning, pineapple-y taste we desire for the meal. To prepare this, simply slice the ham up so it is 1 inch thick for each piece.
Let’s grab 300 grams of button mushroom also. Similar to the very first part, we will slice this up well. When you are selecting your mushrooms at the shop, it would be best to choose those that are firm, and have a quite consistent color with no areas or decay.
CDO Young Pork Bacon
For that touch of pleasing crispiness, we will likewise incorporate 6 strips of CDO Young Pork Bacon. Now a crucial element of this meal is preparing our bacon right. Therefore simply prepare these strips up, ensuring that they do not get too brown. You will understand you’re done once they are completely crispy. We will likewise utilize this collapsed for the meal. I like to utilize this active ingredient in making breakfast meals too. This bacon packed pancake is my preferred.
Have 50 grams of cheddar cheese prepared for topping our ham with. Slice these up too.
For an increase of appreciate and simply the tiniest tip of spice, get 1 onion, and after that mince this.
You will require 3 cloves of garlic also. Mince these much like our onion so that we do not wind up with big pieces in our meal.
Given that we desire our ham to prepare completely with a buttery surface, we will, obviously, requirement 2 tablespoons of saltless butter.
Have 1 tablespoon of cooking oil prepared at your side for when we start frying the ham.
Salt and ground black pepper
And simply to ensure we have enough saltiness and taste in our meal, likewise prepare some salt and ground black pepper. The quantity would depend upon you, therefore you can have as much as you desire prepared prior to we begin cooking.
How to Make Tacky Ham Steak with Bacon and Mushroom
1. Sautéing some ingredients
- Melting butter– What we will be beginning with is our pan and butter. Simply put the butter within, and after that with some heat, let this melt.
- Including onion, garlic and mushrooms– Then integrate your minced garlic and onion. When your onion gets soft, you can likewise put the mushrooms inside. Then simply sauté these together for a great 2 minutes. Spray in as much ground black pepper and salt as you choose. Then set this aside so we can deal with the ham.
2. Cooking the ham
- Frying the ham steak– Get a brand-new pan, and after that put your cooking oil inside. Let this warm up, and as soon as it does, you can put the CDO Vacation Ham inside. We will fry the very first side for 3 minutes.
- Incorporating cheddar cheese– Now we can simply turn the ham over. Put 2 to 3 pieces of cheddar cheese on top of the ham, and after that cover your pan. Keep whatever cooking for 2 1/2 minutes.
3. Serving the ham steak
- Setting up the ham– We’re practically done! Simply get your prepared ham with cheese, and thoroughly put it on a serving plate. And after that we will top if all off with some collapsed bacon. On the side, we will be having our sautéed mushrooms from earlier also.
How did you like this Tacky Ham Steak with Bacon and Mushroom? Intrigued in trying more recipes right at home? Scroll through the site to discover your next cooking job!
Tacky Ham Steak with Bacon and Mushroom
- 500 grams CDO Vacation Ham sliced (1-inch thick)
- 300 grams button mushroom sliced
- 6 strips CDO Young Pork Bacon prepared till crispy and collapsed
- 50 grams cheddar cheese sliced
- 1 onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons saltless butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Melt butter in a pan. Sauté onion and garlic. Include mushrooms as soon as the onion softens. Continue sautéing for 2 minutes. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Reserve.
Heat cooking oil in a tidy pan. Fry the ham steak for 3 minutes.
Turn the ham over and leading with 2 to 3 pieces of cheddar cheese. Cover the pan. Continue cooking for 2 1/2 minutes.
Organize the ham steak on a serving plate. Leading it with collapsed bacon and serve with sauteed mushrooms.
Share and take pleasure in!
Calories: 469 kcal| Carbohydrates: 6 g| Protein: 33 g| Fat: 35 g| Hydrogenated Fat: 14 g| Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g| Monounsaturated Fat: 14 g| Trans Fat: 0.2 g| Cholesterol: 105 mg| Salt: 1602 mg| Potassium: 656 mg| Fiber: 1 g| Sugar: 3 g| Vitamin A: 301 IU| Vitamin C: 4 mg| Calcium: 111 mg| Iron: 2 mg