This Creamy Chicken Lasagna recipe is overflowing with layers of juicy chicken, tender noodles, and silky homemade white sauce with lots of gooey, melty cheese. It’s the supreme home cooking that’s make-ahead friendly!
Cheesy White Chicken Lasagna Recipe
Aside from desserts, if you ask me what among our preferred home cooking remains in this home, it needs to be homemade lasagna. We make it so frequently, I even discovered a faster way in the kind of quick, simple Instantaneous Pot Lasagna.
This velvety white chicken lasagna recipe is oven-baked the great old-fashioned method. It’s made from layers of the most irresistibly velvety white sauce, tender chicken, and a mix of melty cheese and spinach, stacked in between lasagna noodles. It bakes up pleasantly golden in under an hour, and it deserves every minute!
Make this white lasagna ahead and freeze it, or keep it in the refrigerator for simple lunches all week long. The tacky tastes are abundant, reassuring, and ideal for at any time of the year.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This velvety chicken lasagna is an enjoyable twist on standard lasagna that’s simply as reassuring. Here’s why we enjoy it:
- Consume remaining chicken. If you have a rotisserie chicken on hand, or chicken breasts from last night’s supper subjugating the refrigerator, this lasagna is a terrific method to utilize it. The remainder of the ingredients are basic, too, so there’s a great chance they’re currently in the kitchen!
- Complete of taste. This lasagna is actually layer upon layer of hearty taste. It has actually juicy chicken, experienced cheese filling, plus an abundant, buttery white sauce in between layers of tender noodles below golden, melty cheese.
- Make-ahead friendly. This chicken lasagna is simple to make ahead and stash for last-minute freezer meals.
Ingredients You’ll Require
Below is a brief introduction of the ingredients you’ll require to make your chicken lasagna. Make certain to scroll to the recipe card listed below the post for the complete component information and quantities.
- Lasagna Noodles: You’ll require 16 lasagna pasta sheets in overall.
- Chicken: This recipe is a fantastic method to consume remaining prepared Chicken Breast. Additionally, you can buy a ready-cooked rotisserie chicken, or make shredded chicken at home.
- Spinach: I enjoy consisting of sliced fresh spinach in my lasagna, for additional nutrition and a pop of green.
- Cheese: This lasagna recipe integrates ricotta and mozzarella for the cheese filling. Reserve extra mozzarella for spraying over top of the last layer.
- Egg: Including an egg to the filling layer assists to bind the ingredients, for more steady pieces.
- Seasonings: I blend Italian flavoring, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into the cheese for a lot more taste.
For the Cream Sauce
- Butter: Since every great cream sauce begins with butter.
- Shallot and Garlic: You can likewise utilize carefully diced white or yellow onion in location of shallots, in addition to garlic for aromatics.
- Flour: You’ll stir a little bit of versatile flour into the butter for a roux, which functions as the base and thickener for the sauce.
- Chicken Broth: Usage low-sodium chicken broth or Homemade Chicken Stock.
- Compromise: Or whipping cream, to include richness to the white sauce.
- Cream Cheese: I suggest utilizing the kind of cream cheese that can be found in blocks, gave space temperature level prior to you begin. Cut it into cubes so that melts quickly into the other sauce ingredients.
- Parmesan: No white sauce is total without parmesan cheese. Newly grated is best, however the routine pre-grated kind is great, too.
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Chicken Lasagna
While the oven pre-heats to 375ºF, gently spritz a 9 × 13 casserole meal with cooking spray. You’ll begin with some fast preparation:
- Prepare the Pasta: Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil, and prepare the lasagna sheets al dente according to the bundle instructions. Drain pipes, then return the noodles to the pot with cold water to 1) stop the noodles from continuing to prepare and 2) keep them from sticking while you prepare the filling.
- Shred the Chicken: Shred up or dice up your prepared chicken. I usually have a batch of Shredded Chicken stowed away in my freezer, too. It truly can be found in useful for recipes like this!
- Mix the Cheese Filling: Integrate ricotta, spinach, and mozzarella with an egg, Italian flavoring, salt, and pepper. Stir whatever together and set the bowl aside in the meantime.
Preparing the White Sauce
When your other ingredients are prepped and waiting, you’ll make the white sauce:
- Sauté: Begin by sautéing the shallots in a big frying pan with melted butter. Next, include the garlic, followed by the flour. Let the flour cook off for a number of minutes, to produce what’s called a roux.
- Integrate and Prepare: Whisk in your broth, half-and-half, cream cheese, and parmesan, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep blending while the sauce bubbles and thickens, then take it off the heat.
Putting Together and Baking Chicken Lasagna
Keep in mind to drain pipes and pat dry your prepared lasagna noodles prior to assembling your lasagna. Now, you’re prepared to put whatever together and bake:
- Put Together: Start by spreading out a layer of white sauce into the bottom of your ready baking meal, followed by a very first layer of pasta noodles. Leading the pasta layer with cheese filling, followed by shredded chicken, and lastly another thin layer of white sauce. Repeat two times more, ending with a last layer of sauce prior to spraying over mozzarella cheese.
- Bake: Bake the lasagna for 35 minutes under foil, then eliminate the foil and bake for another 10 minutes approximately, up until golden and bubbly at the edges. Permit the lasagna to rest for 15 minutes after it leaves the oven, then garnish with parsley, piece, and serve.
Tips and Variation Concepts
I enjoy lasagna recipes due to the fact that they’re almost fail-proof! Here are some extra suggestions for the very best homemade chicken lasagna, in addition to some component variations:
- Pat dry the lasagna noodles. After you have actually drained pipes the noodles for the 2nd time and prior to layering your lasagna, pat the noodles dry so that your lasagna does not come out too watery.
- Camping tent the foil with toothpicks. Stick a couple of toothpicks into the top of the lasagna to keep the foil from lying versus the cheese.
- Let the lasagna rest prior to slicing. Cutting into your lasagna while it’s still hot from the oven will lead to slushy, untidy pieces. Offer the lasagna about 15 minutes for the cheese and filling to establish for cleaner slicing.
- Make it spicy. Include a spray of crushed red chili flakes to the cheese filling for a subtle, hot kick.
- Usage home cheese in location of ricotta. If you do not have ricotta cheese, replace it with the exact same quantity of home cheese rather.
This velvety white chicken lasagna is a meal by itself, or you can bulk up a relaxing household supper with Garlic Knots or a veggie side, like Air Fryer Asparagus. I have actually likewise served this lasagna for supper celebrations, leading into the meal with a starter of Tomato Feta Soup and a side of fresh garden salad tossed in Mediterranean Dressing. End up things off with Homemade Cheesecake for dessert!
Keeping and Reheating Leftover Lasagna
This white sauce lasagna is extremely make-ahead friendly. In some cases I’ll make 2: one to delight in right now, and another to save or freeze for last-minute suppers down the roadway (see the next area for information on how to freeze it).
Shop your baked and cooled chicken lasagna airtight in the refrigerator for approximately 5 days. Reheat the lasagna in the oven, covered in foil at 350ºF up until warmed through. You can likewise reheat specific portions in the microwave. Spray a little bit of water over the lasagna prior to reheating, to assist keep a few of the wetness.
Can I Freeze Chicken Lasagna?
Definitely! You can freeze the entire lasagna, or freeze parts. Merely cover it firmly in cling wrap plus a layer of foil, and keep it frozen for approximately 3 months. Thaw the lasagna either in the refrigerator overnight, or in the microwave, and after that reheat as typical.
More Relaxing Chicken Casseroles
A Creamy Chicken Lasagna recipe overflowing with juicy chicken and tender noodles layered with homemade white lasagna sauce and lots of gooey, melty cheese.
- 1 pound lasagna pasta sheets, 16 overall
- 4 cups prepared chicken, shredded from 12 ounce rotisserie chicken or 2 pounds prepared and cubed chicken breast
- Optional- sliced parsley for garnish
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces fresh spinach, sliced
- 4 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 entire egg
- 2 teaspoons Italian flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 entire shallot minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups compromise
- 4 ounces cream cheese, space temperature level and cubed
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preparation: Preheat the oven to 375? F. Coat a 9 × 13 baking pan gently with nonstick spray. Reserve.
- Prepare the pasta in a big pot of salted water up until al dente according to package guidelines. Drain pipes the noodles. Put the noodles back in the pot and fill with cold water to stop cooking and avoid the noodles from sticking. (see note *)
- Shred or cube the chicken and reserved.
- Cheese Filling: In a big bowl stir together the ricotta, spinach, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, egg, Italian flavoring, salt & & pepper. Reserve.
- Cream Sauce: Heat a big frying pan over medium heat. Melt the butter and include the shallots. Continue cooking for 3– 4 minutes up until softened and gently golden. Include the garlic and cook for an extra minute. Spray the flour into the mix and cook for 3 minutes. Gradually blend in the broth, compromise, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Continue whisking up until smooth and cook up until bubbly and a little thickened. Eliminate from the heat.
- Assembly: Spread 1/4 cup of the white sauce throughout the bottom. Include a layer of pasta throughout the bottom (4 noodles) and top that with 1/3 of the cheese filling. Leading with 1/3 of the chicken, then 1/4 of the sauce.
- Repeat these layers 2 more times. Spread out the staying sauce on top of the last layer of noodles and spray the staying 1 cup of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes (* see note). Eliminate the foil and bake for an extra 10 minutes or up until the leading and edges are gently golden.
- Garnish with sliced parsley if preferred. Permit the lasagna to sit for 15 minutes prior to cutting and serving.
- Prior to putting together the lasagna, pat the noodles dry.
- Prior to covering with foil to bake you can position a couple of toothpicks in the lasagna to avoid the foil from adhering to the cheese.
- Shop airtight in the fridge for approximately 5 days.
Keywords: chicken lasagna, white chicken lasagna, white lasagna
Wish To Conserve This Recipe?
Discover more recipes like this:
PIN for later on: