Juicy pieces of chicken, fried up with peppers, onions and pineapple portions in an easy, sweet and mouth-watering stir-fry sauce.
This is my go-to recipe when I have actually got a hankering for a sweet and sour design supper, however I have not got the time to coat and fry up chicken pieces.
Whatever gets contributed to the wok in phases so it’s simple to prep as you go, without getting in a fluster.
It’s simple to get stuck in a rut with stir-fry typerecipes I usually return to my basic chicken stir fry, due to the fact that it’s the one that enters my head initially, however there are numerous methods you can jazz up a stir fry:
- Include heat with chilli flakes, chilli sauce or fresh chillies
- Swap out veggies – mange promote, sugarsnap peas, additional great green beans, tenderstem broccoli, carrots sliced into matchsticks, great asparagus and sliced mushrooms are all excellent choices that can be stir-fried rapidly.
- Swap out the protein for pork tenderloin, thin strips of ribeye steak or opt for vegetarian choices such as quorn strips or marinaded tofu.
- Modification the flavour profile by including Cajun spice, peanut butter or sesame oil (plus a scattering of sesame seeds). I ‘d suggest including on one, not all 3 simultaneously! Although I do question how that would taste
- Include fruit – such as sliced plums (see my chicken plum stir fry), strips of mango or like this recipe – sliced pineapple.
Returning to this recipe …
What do we require?
View how to make it
Complete recipe with comprehensive actions in the recipe card at the end of this post.
PRO IDEA You can utilize sliced up boneless chicken thighs if you choose. I discover chicken breasts a little less fiddly to slice, so it’s quicker for me to utilize them in thisrecipe The cleaning of cornflour on the chicken breast pieces will assist to guarantee the chicken remains juicy and moist when frying.
What to serve it with
⬇ The recipe card with complete directions is simply listed below these additional recipe ideas.
More great Chicken Stir-Fry recipes
Stay upgraded with brand-new recipes!
Register for the newsletter to hear when I publish a brand-newrecipe I’m likewise on YouTube ( brand-new videos each week) and Instagram ( behind-the-scenes stories & & lovely food pictures).
Sticky Pineapple Chicken
Sticky Pineapple Chicken – Juicy pieces of chicken, fried up with peppers, onions and pineapple portions in an easy, sweet and mouth-watering stir-fry sauce.
Location the chicken breast portions in a bowl and spray on the cornflour and salt & & pepper. Blend with your hands to cover the chicken in the cornflour.
3 chicken breasts, 2 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch in U.S.A.), pinch of salt and pepper
Heat the oil in a wok or big fry pan over a high heat.
3 tablespoon oil
When the oil is hot, include the chicken. Prepare on a high heat, moving the chicken around sometimes with a spatula, up until the chicken is golden on all sides (about 5-6 minutes).
While the chicken is cooking, make the stir fry sauce by integrating the pineapple juice from the tin of pineapple with the brown sugar, soy sauce and the tomato puree in a bowl. Mix together and put to one side.
435 g (15oz) can of sliced pineapple in juice, 2 tablespoon soft brown sugar, 3 tablespoon dark soy sauce, 1 tablespoon tomato puree (paste in U.S.A.)
Include the onions and peppers to the wok, and fry with the chicken for 2 minutes.
1 onion, 1 red bell pepper
Include the pineapple portions, from the tinned pineapple, into the wok and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
435 g (15oz) can of sliced pineapple in juice
Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for an additional minute.
2 cloves garlic, 1 tsp minced ginger
Include the stir fry sauce you made earlier to the wok.
Continue cooking on high, enabling the sauce to bubble and minimize down, whilst stirring sometimes. It ought to take about 5-6 minutes on a medium-high heat to minimize down and begin making the chicken appearance darker and caramelized.
As soon as prepared, switch off the heat and serve over boiled rice. Sprinkle with coriander and serve.
Coriander (cilantro), Boiled Rice, Sriracha
Can I make it ahead?
This recipe tastes best when prepared and consumed right now. Nevertheless, you can make it if it will assist accelerate supper time.
Make ahead, then cool and cool in a sealed container (for as much as a day).
Reheat by heating up a tablespoon of oil in a wok, over a medium heat, then including the pineapple chicken to the wok. Move it around the pan frequently, utilizing a spatula, up until piping hot throughout. It will take about 10 minutes to heat through.
You might require to include a splash of water to loosen it up a little when reheating.
Can I freeze it?
I do not suggest freezing this recipe as the peppers and onions are most likely to go a little soaked.
Active ingredient swaps
- Switch the chicken for sliced pork tenderloin pieces, or go vegetarian and swap for quorn pieces.
- Include additional veggies – mange promote (snow peas), approximately sliced spring onion, mushrooms, asparagus and tenderstem broccoli pieces all work well and have a comparable cooking time to the peppers.
- Include 1 tsp chilli flakes or 1-2 sliced fresh chillies or 1-2 tsp sriracha for a spicy kick.
- Include ready-cooked egg noodles at the end and cook for an even more 2 minutes (up until piping hot) for a pineapple chicken noodle stir fry. Conserves needing to prepare rice to opt for it!
How to scale up and reduce this recipe
You can double or halve this recipe, adhering to the very same active ingredient ratios. If doubling, it will take longer for the chicken, veggies and sauce to prepare (include approx 5-7 minutes to the cooking time entirely).
Nutritional Details is per serving, not consisting of serving tip of boiled rice, coriander and sriracha.
Calories: 377 kcal Carbohydrates: 32 g Protein: 31 g Fat: 14 g Hydrogenated Fat: 2 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g Monounsaturated Fat: 8 g Trans Fat: 0.1 g Cholesterol: 84 mg Salt: 914 mg Potassium: 784 mg Fiber: 3 g Sugar: 24 g Vitamin A: 1046 IU Vitamin C: 53 mg Calcium: 44 mg Iron: 1 mg
This recipe was very first published July 2015. Upgraded Might 2023 with brand-new pictures, video, additional information in the directions and a little bit of house cleaning.
A few of the links in this post might be affiliate links– which implies if you purchase the item I get a little commission (at no additional expense to you). If you do purchase, then thank you! That’s what assists us to keep Kitchen area Sanctuary running. The dietary details offered is approximate and can differ depending upon a number of elements. For more details please see our Terms & & Conditions.