Fudgy Coconut Brownies (aka Mounds Brownies) are damp chocolate brownies topped with a thick layer of velvety, sweet coconut and smooth chocolate icing.
Crazy about coconut? Attempt these simple Coconut Butter Bars, too!
Frosted Fudgy Brownies With Coconut
Chocolate and coconut are among the most underrated taste mixes. Hey There, Mounds Bars. Almond Pleasure? Chocolate-dipped macaroons? A few of my preferred deals with function these tastes, however it’s not constantly typical to see them in homemade desserts.
If you like homemade brownies and coconut desserts, I have a surprise for you! These coconut brownies are to crave This recipe is insane simple, too. It resembles a Coconut Macaroon layered over a fudgy chocolate brownie, topped with more chocolate. Easy, yet so tasty!
What You’ll Require
Let’s rapidly take a look at the ingredients required to make these extremely tasty dessert bars. Keep in mind to describe the recipe card listed below the post for the complete recipe information!
For the Brownies
- Butter: Prior to you start, melt the butter in the microwave and enable it to cool, so that it’s much easier to integrate with the remainder of the batteringredients I utilize salted butter in this recipe, however you can utilize saltless if you choose.
- Sugar: These brownies utilize a mix of granulated sugar and light brown sugar, for the very best balance of wetness and sweet taste.
- Big Eggs and All Function Flour
- Vanilla: For the very best taste, utilize genuine vanilla extract.
- Cocoa Powder: While some brownie recipes usage chocolate chips, these fudgy brownies get their abundant, chocolatey taste from unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Kosher Salt
For the Filling and Icing
- Coconut: I suggest utilizing unsweetened shredded coconut so that the coconut layer does not come out excessively sweet.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: For additional abundant and velvety coconut filling. Make certain you’re utilizing the sweetened kind and not routine condensed milk.
- Powdered Sugar: Likewise called confectioner’s sugar, to sweeten and thicken the filling and the chocolate icing. I suggest sorting the sugar you’ll utilize for the icing, to disintegrate any clumps.
- Butter: You’ll likewise melt the butter for the icing.
- Cocoa Powder: You can make the icing with the very same cocoa powder that you utilize in your brownies.
- Milk: Including milk offers the icing a pourable consistency. Entire milk or 2% both work terrific.
How to Make Coconut Brownies
Alluring coconut brownies taste similar to Mounds bars: chocolatey on the outdoors with velvety, chewy tropical coconut underneath. You’ll go (coco) nuts for these! Pre-heat your ovens to 350ºF, and let’s make some brownies.
- Mix the Batter: Initially, cream together the melted butter with both sugars, then include your eggs and vanilla. Next, sort in the dry ingredients and stir till the batter is simply integrated.
- Bake: Spread the brownie batter into a parchment-lined baking pan, and bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes. Enable the brownies to cool totally prior to assembling your layers.
- Prepare the Coconut Layer: Blend together the coconut, condensed milk, and powdered sugar. Spread that all over the top of the cooled brownies.
- Include Icing: Finally, melt butter in a pan with cocoa powder and milk, then take it off of the heat and blend in some powdered sugar. Put the chocolate icing in an even layer over the coconut, then leave it to set.
How Do I Inform When Brownies Are Done Baking?
Brownies are a little various from cakes and cupcakes, because you can still utilize the toothpick test to inspect if they’re done, simply not in the middle. While it is essential for cakes to be baked all the method through in the center, you desire your brownies to come out of the oven prior to they’re totally set. This suggests they’ll be damp and fudgy, and not too dry. Stick a toothpick into the brownies about 2 inches from the edge rather the middle, and if the toothpick comes out tidy, the brownies are done!
Tips for Success
Here are some last pointers to bear in mind when making these coconut-filled brownies:
- Conserve time by utilizing a boxed brownie mix. While I like homemade brownies, I’m not one to mark down the benefit of a boxed mix. Proceed and utilize your preferred brand name if you remain in a rush.
- Do not overbake the brownies. As pointed out, your brownies ought to be simply set when they come out of the oven. It’s okay if the center still looks a bit underdone, as long as the brownies pass the toothpick test 2 inches from the edge.
Variation Concepts and Garnishes
Searching for simple methods to make this coconut brownies recipe your own? Attempt a few of these variations:
- Toasted Coconut: Buy toasted coconut, or toast it yourself. Prior to blending the coconut filling, gently toast the shredded coconut in a dry frying pan over medium heat.
- Chocolate Chips: Stir chocolate chips into the batter for additional pops of melty chocolate throughout your brownies.
- Crushed Nuts: Sprinkle crushed nuts over the icing prior to it sets.
- Caramel: Drizzle the ended up coconut brownies with Homemade Caramel.
- When Serving: Leading your brownies with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
How to Shop Coconut Brownies
Shop your brownies on the counter in an airtight container or covered firmly in cling wrap for approximately 3 days. You can likewise keep these in the refrigerator for approximately 5 days.
Can I Freeze Homemade Brownies?
Yes! Your coconut brownies can be kept airtight and kept frozen for approximately 1 month. Defrost the frozen brownies in the refrigerator prior to serving.
Alluring Coconut Brownies are fudgy homemade brownies topped with a thick layer of velvety, chewy coconut and smooth chocolate icing.
- 1 cup butter, melted and somewhat cooled
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup loaded light brown sugar
- 4 big eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 1/3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sorted or blended to separate swellings
- Brownies: Preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Line a 9 × 13- inch baking pan with parchment paper. Coat with nonstick spray and reserved.
- In a big blending bowl whisk together melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Blend till sugar is liquified. Include the eggs and vanilla extract till smooth and combined.
- Sort in flour, cocoa powder, and salt and stir till simply integrated.
- Spread the batter equally into the ready pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes on the middle rack in the oven till the brownies are simply set, and a toothpick placed 2- inches from the edge comes out tidy (if you bake till totally embeded in the middle your brownies will be dry. Enable the brownies to cool totally in the pan on a cake rack.
- Coconut Layer: When the brownies have actually cooled totally blend the coconut, condensed milk, and powdered sugar in a big bowl till integrated. Uniformly spread out that on top of the brownies.
- Icing: In a big pan, melt the butter, cocoa powder, and milk together over medium heat till smooth. Get rid of from the heat and blend in the powdered sugar till smooth and no swellings stay.
- Put the icing on top of the coconut layer and spread carefully to coat.
- Enable the icing to establish prior to cutting.
- You can definitely utilize a boxed brownie mix for this recipe to conserve time.
- Shop airtight at space temperature level for approximately 3 days or cooled for approximately 5 days.
Keywords: homemade brownies, coconut brownies, coconut desserts
Wish To Conserve This Recipe?
Discover more recipes like this:
More Simple Brownies and Bars
PIN for later