Strawberry cookies made with genuine strawberries! These cookies are soft with somewhat crispy edges and a thick, chewy middle. You can top them with a light glaze or roll them in sugar.
I will make our lemon drop cookies a couple of months back when I got the dazzling concept that if a sweet might be mixed to taste a cookie, definitely freeze dried fruit might too. Sure enough, a summer season strawberry cookie was born!
I believed strawberry was the outright finest taste as a kid. Now I in fact tend to go more raspberry out of the berry household (curious what you all would choose), however my kids are for sure on the youth bandwagon of fresh, juicy red strawberries They like that these cookies are thick and chewy however they have the choice of rolling in sugar or topping with a crackly glaze.
I personally choose to make a lemon glaze to cheer up these sweet cookies, however you can do whatever makes you pleased!
Ingredients for Strawberry Cookies
The majority of the strawberry cookie recipes out there utilize strawberry cake mix or strawberry pudding to get the strawberry taste (in reality we have our own strawberry pudding cookie recipe here on the blog site), however I like utilizing genuine strawberries in this recipe to get that real strawberry taste. Here is what you will require to make these cookies:
For the Cookies
- Freeze Dried Strawberries: Do not utilize fresh strawberries. They will include excessive wetness to the dough and make the cookies cakey.
- Sugar: routine granulated white sugar
- Butter Flavored Reducing: You can likewise utilize routine reducing (you’ll lose a little richness in taste) or simply routine butter however they wind up more dry with simply butter.
- Unsalted Butter: softened, integrated with the reducing, the cookies hurt and still abundant in taste
- Eggs: include structure to the cookies
- Vanilla: includes taste
- Strawberry Extract: simply for a little increase in taste
- Flour: utilize versatile flour
- Sodium Bicarbonate: leavening representative to offer the cookies increase and fluffiness
- Baking Powder: leavening representative that deals with the sodium bicarbonate to assist the cookies increase
- Salt: improves all the tastes
For the Glaze
- Powdered Sugar: includes sweet taste and structure to the glaze
- Milk or Water: milk will be a bit more abundant in taste
- Lemon Juice: I like to include a little lemon juice to offer a great taste burst to the cookie, however it is completely optional.
- PERKS: You might likewise include a little strawberry extract to the glaze if you desire much more strawberry taste.
- Sugar: Roll the cookie dough balls in sugar prior to baking if you choose that rather of the glaze.
The measurements for all the ingredients and the directions for making these cookies can all be discovered in the recipe card at the end of this post. Take a look at the video listed below to see how these cookies come together …
Summertime Strawberry Cookies Recipe Video
What are Freeze Dried Strawberries?
Freeze dried strawberries are genuine strawberries that have actually gone through a freeze drying procedure where all the wetness is eliminated. No sugar or any other ingredients are include, and the taste and nutrients are left. They wind up being rather crispy and are in fact truly scrumptious to consume by themselves. They are likewise rack steady once they are freeze dried.
Where to Purchase Freeze Dried Strawberries
You can discover freeze dried strawberries at any supermarket. Sign in the healthy foods area or by other dried fruits like raisins, prunes, craisins, and so on. I in fact discovered a substantial 10 gallon can of freeze dried strawberries the other day in the food storage/shelf steady area. You can likewise purchase them on Amazon.
Why You Will Love These Cookies
- Easy: This recipe is basic to make and follows the normal cookie making directions. My kids like to make these cookies.
- Taste: The scrumptious strawberry taste is included from the freeze dried strawberries offering genuine strawberry taste.
- Color: I like the color that these cookies wind up being. It is natural looking and discreetly pink.
- Kid Friendly: Strawberries are such a kid favorite that I have actually never ever satisfied a kid that didn’t like these cookies.
- Feed a Crowd: This recipe makes 4-5 lots cookies so there is plenty to feed a huge group or to freeze and conserve for another day.
- Shop Well: You can freeze the dough or the baked cookies and they will keep for approximately 3 months.
These strawberry cookies are so flexible You can dress them up or keep them basic. Here are a couple of concepts for variations:
- Include white chocolate chips to make them strawberries and cream cookies.
- Carefully stir in little portions of the freeze dried strawberries into the dough prior to baking for much more strawberry taste.
- Make the glaze a lemon glaze utilizing fresh lemon juice. It tastes like you are consuming strawberry lemonade!
- Sprinkle some ground up freeze dried strawberries on top of the glaze for more color.
- Integrate some freeze dried strawberry powder with the sugar prior to rolling the dough in the sugar.
How to Shop Cookies
Once the cookies have actually cooled entirely, save them in an airtight container or ziplock bag. They will keep for 3-4 days at space temperature level or for approximately a week in the fridge.
You can likewise freeze either the cookie dough balls or the baked cookies. To freeze the dough balls, scoop all the dough into balls and put them on a flat pan in a single layer. Location the sheet in the freezer for a minimum of thirty minutes. Once they have actually frozen, you can put them in a ziplock bag or container. You can then bake them from frozen (including a couple of additional minutes to the baking time) or let them concern space temperature level and after that bake them according to the directions in the recipe.
To freeze the baked cookies, let them cool entirely and after that stack them in a freezer-safe container. Wait to include the glaze till right prior to serving.
Strawberry desserts are among my love languages (hey there strawberry shortcake!!), and these strawberry cookies have me swooning! The freeze dried strawberries include the genuine strawberry taste we like.
More Fruity Cookies You Will Love:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixer, mix the strawberries into a great powder.
3/4 Cup Freeze Dried Strawberries
In blending bowl, cream sugar, reducing and butter for 1-2 minutes and after that include eggs; include flavorings.
1 1/4 Cups Sugar, 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, 1 big Egg, 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon Strawberry Extract
Stir in dry ingredients.
2 Cups Flour, 3/4 teaspoons Sodium bicarbonate, 3/4 teaspoons Baking Powder, 1/2 teaspoon Salt
Roll into bigger balls, or utilize our preferred cookie scoop, and after that roll in sugar (if utilizing) and put on a parchment lined or silpat lined (if you do not utilize parchment, cookies will stay with pan) baking sheet for 10 to 12 minutes.
On the other hand prepare the glaze (if utilizing).
Let cool somewhat on pan for 1-2 minutes.
For the Glaze
Make a glaze by blending powdered sugar with milk or water (or lemon juice).
3 Cups Powdered Sugar, 3 Tablespoons Milk, or Water
Brush glaze over cookie tops.
Let cookies cool entirely.
- If utilizing routine reducing the cookies might not be as buttery. All reducing is the softest cookie, however not as tasty so you can experiment with the recipe; all reducing, all butter, compromise.
- You can utilize a little strawberry extract or lemon juice if you choose in the glaze.
Cookies can be frozen for approximately 3 months.
Calories: 2258 kcal