This southern fried cabbage makes a fantastic side meal, or simply include a few of our cornbread and make a meal out of it. If you have actually never ever attempted this fried cabbage, we can’t suggest it enough. Truthfully, when it strikes the table … simply provide me a fork and get out of the method. It’s THAT excellent! I seem like individuals actually undervalue cabbage. It’s such a flexible veggie and a staple in our houses.
SOUTHERN FRIED CABBAGE INGREDIENTS:
- bacon, prepared crisp
- bacon drippings
- onion, peeled and sliced
- green pepper, sliced (can utilize a mix of both red and green)
- minced garlic
- little head cabbage, sliced
- black pepper
- Cajun spices, (optional)
- chicken broth
Scroll down for the complete recipe card.
SOUTHERN FRIED CABBAGE NOTES:
- This meal makes about 6 portions and might quickly be doubled for a bigger group or household supper.
- Here is a recipe to make your own Cajun spices. If you do not like Cajun spices, you can definitely leave it out and include the flavorings you delight in.
- You might quickly make this meal with smoked sausage, polish sausage, chicken sausage, or smoked turkey.
- I have actually never ever attempted this meal with turkey bacon, however you might definitely attempt it. If you do not have bacon grease, simply include a bit more butter. You can likewise leave the bacon out.
- We make Southern fried cabbage in a cast iron frying pan. Simply make certain you utilize a non-stick pan for the very best outcomes.
- This meal needs to be kept in an airtight container in the fridge. It will keep for 4-5 days.
- Quickly heat it up in the microwave or toss it back into a frying pan and heat it through.
- I have actually been understood to heat this up the next day and serve it with a fried egg over it for breakfast. Offer it a shot!
” OMG. The Southern Fried Cabbage is SOOOOOO excellent. I served it with Sweet cornbread, since that’s the design my spouse likes. I like your recipes and attempt something brand-new every week.”- Sharon
Southern Fried Cabbage
This recipe is one your household will like. Super simple to make and the best side meal.
Portions: 6 portions
- 4 to 6 pieces of bacon prepared crisp
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion peeled and sliced
- 1 medium sweet green pepper sliced (can utilize a mix of both red and green)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 little head cabbage sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun spices ( optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth
Prepare bacon till crisp, get rid of from pan and drain on paper towel. Set bacon aside. Get rid of excess bacon drippings from pan booking 2 tablespoons. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter into the bacon drippings in your pan
Include sliced onion, peppers, minced garlic, sliced cabbage, salt, pepper, Cajun spices and chicken broth to pan. Prepare on medium low heat, covered for 15 to 20 minutes till cabbage reaches the consistency of softness you like. Some individuals like their cabbage sort of crispy while others like it well done. Get rid of from heat, collapse bacon on top, spray with paprika. Makes about 6 portions.
OTHER CABBAGE CUISINE YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Sausage and Cabbage Casserole
- Cajune Cabbage Jambalaya
- Cabbage Roll Casserole
- Crockery Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
Are you reading our digital publication, Front Patio Life? It has plenty of fantastic brand-new recipes, nation living, great individuals, southern beauty, cooking suggestions, therefore a lot more. We send it straight to your e-mail so you can begin reading, cooking, and relaxing right away! This is our premium material not discovered on our site. Sign up with countless others today and begin enjoying our publication!
Follow us on Instagram!
© The Southern Woman Cooks images and text– All rights scheduled. No copying, publishing on other websites, or other usages permitted without composed authorization of the copyright holder.