This healthy banana bread recipe swaps oil for applesauce for a simple, low-fat fast bread that hurts, damp, and filled with banana taste! Take pleasure in a piece as a light breakfast or as a treat with coffee or tea.
Why you’ll enjoy it: With just 2 tablespoons of oil, this banana bread recipe is much lower in fat than a lot of banana breads. It’s damp and delicious, and guilt-free!
The length of time it takes: 1 hour from start to end up.
Devices you’ll require: a set of bowls, and a loaf pan.
Servings: 12 pieces.
Easy Homemade Banana Bread
This healthy banana bread was among the very first banana bread recipes to strike this blog site, and it holds an unique location in my heart. I have actually made chocolate banana bread and a handful of other variations given that. Still, there’s something sentimental about a traditional, tender banana bread recipe that you can constantly return to.
Although this recipe is lower in fat than your conventional banana bread, it’s still amazingly damp, scrumptious, and above all, simple to make! It’s a much healthier variation of my mama’s recipe, without the massive quantities of butter. Rather, this recipe utilizes applesauce and simply a touch of oil to bring alluring wetness to the bread.
Why You’ll Love This Quick Bread Recipe
Who does not enjoy sinking their teeth into a piece of soft, tender homemade banana bread? Here’s why this recipe is a keeper:
- Much Healthier. With applesauce standing in for much of the oil and utilizing entire wheat flour (or a mix of entire wheat and routine flour), you can make a completely healthy banana bread that’s completely damp and delicious while keeping things low-fat.
- Easy to make. I believe almost every household has actually a treasured banana bread recipe, and it’s no surprise since it’s so darn simple to make! This recipe utilizes easy ingredients and since it’s a fast bread, it does not need any increasing time like yeast breads.
- Freezer-friendly. Make one loaf to take pleasure in fresh, and another to freeze. Homemade banana bread freezes like a champ!
What You’ll Require
You most likely have the ingredients for this simple banana bread in your kitchen currently. Below is a summary of the ingredients, with the complete recipe information offered in the recipe card listed below the post.
- Flour: You can make this recipe utilizing versatile flour or entire wheat, or a mix of the 2. Entire wheat is a bit healthier and tastes fantastic, though the loaf will be somewhat more thick.
- Sodium Bicarbonate, Baking Powder, and Salt: I utilize a mix of both baking powder and baking soda as leavening ingredients, plus a pinch of salt to boost the taste.
- Sugar: Routine granulated sugar works completely, or you can utilize light brown sugar.
- Applesauce: The specific portions of applesauce that you can purchase for kids’ lunches are best (and extremely simple), since they are precisely 1/2 cup.
- Grease: Simply 2 tablespoons of grease, or another mild-flavored oil like canola oil.
- Vanilla: For the very best taste, stick to genuine vanilla extract.
- Eggs: Eggs bind the ingredients together while including richness to the bread.
- Bananas: You’ll require about 4 big bananas or enough to make 1 1/2 cups when mashed. The very best bananas for banana bread are extra-ripe ones. See listed below for information.
How Do You Ripen Bananas Rapidly?
You desire your bananas for banana bread to be overripe: spotted with black and/or brown. There’s truly no such thing as a banana that’s too ripe for banana bread (OK, other than perhaps a rotten banana). Often, when I have a bunch of overripe bananas, I’ll peel them and after that freeze them particularly to make banana bread. I even have actually a post devoted to freezing bananas.
If you have bananas that aren’t rather ripe enough, the simplest method to ripen them rapidly is to position the unripe bananas in a brown paper bag over night. To accelerate the procedure much more, include another ethylene-producing fruit, like a ripe banana, apple, or avocado to the bag.
How to Make Banana Bread
You’re going to be blown away by how simple this fast bread recipe is to make. Let’s make some banana bread!
- Prepare the pan. While you pre-heat the oven to 350ºF, gently coat a metal loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Integrate the dry and damp ingredients individually. Initially, blend the dry ingredients together in one bowl. In a 2nd bowl, blend together the sugar and damp ingredients, followed by the eggs. Last but not least, stir in the mashed banana, and lastly the dryingredients Take care to not over-mix the batter.
- Bake. Transfer the batter to your greased loaf pan, then bake at 350ºF for 50 to 60 minutes. When your banana bread runs out the oven, leave it to cool in the pan for a couple of minutes. After, run a knife around the edge to assist loosen it from the pan, then invert the bread and leave it to end up cooling ideal side up on a cake rack.
How Do I Know When Banana Bread Is Done?
To examine if your banana bread is prepared to come out of the oven, stick a toothpick into the center of the loaf. The toothpick needs to come out tidy, or with a number of crumbs, suggesting it’s done. If it comes out spotted with batter, your bread requires to remain in a bit longer.
Tips for Success
It isn’t difficult for this recipe to come out best whenever! Do not you simply enjoy no-fuss baking? Here are some last pointers for the very best banana bread:
- Usage ripe bananas. See the ingredients area for information, however make certain you’re utilizing the senior bananas of the lot to make banana bread.
- Determine the flour properly. The top offender for banana bread that comes out dry is excessive flour in the mix. Utilize a cooking area scale if you have one, otherwise, the “spoon and sweep” approach is best. Spoon the flour into your determining cup, then level it off with the back of a knife.
- Do not overmix the batter. Over-mixing the banana bread batter can lead to bread that’s rubbery and hard, instead of soft and tender. Just blend the ingredients till they’re simply integrated.
- Let the banana bread cool in the pan initially. Permit the bread to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes prior to eliminating it. Getting rid of the bread from the pan right now may trigger it to collapse, and letting it cool totally in the pan can lead to sticking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is banana conventional bread healthy?
Banana breads are home cooking and are typically high in carbohydrates and sugars. Nevertheless, with a couple of tweaks to the ingredients, this banana bread recipe is both reassuring and much healthier for you.
What can I utilize in banana bread rather of oil?
I switch almost all the oil for applesauce in this healthy banana breadrecipe It works completely and does not impact the texture or taste.
Can I freeze banana bread?
Yes! Banana bread freezes well. I usually double the recipe to have one loaf in the meantime, and another to freeze for later on. See listed below for comprehensive storage and freezing pointers.
Make This Banana Bread Your Own
Quick bread is quick and easy, leaving great deals of space for tailoring. Here are a few of my preferred banana bread variations and add-ins:
- Include nuts. We’re a nut-free household, however you can turn this into banana nut bread and include sliced toasted pecans or walnuts to the batter.
- Include chocolate chips. Stir chocolate chips into the batter for chocolate chip banana bread.
- Cocoa powder. Make chocolate banana bread utilizing unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Spices A teaspoon of cinnamon, blended spice, or nutmeg blended in with the dry ingredients includes another layer of relaxing taste to this banana bread.
- Include a glaze. If you’re feeling additional indulgent, obtain the brown sugar glaze from these baked banana donuts and sprinkle it over the ended up banana bread.
- Gluten-free. Swap all-purpose flour for your favored gluten-free baking flour to make gluten-free banana bread.
How to Shop Homemade Banana Bread
I enjoy doubling this recipe to have an additional loaf of banana bread for later on! Here’s how to keep your banana bread moist and fresh whether you’re saving it or freezing it:
- To Shop: When your banana bread has actually cooled totally, shop it on the counter for approximately 4 days, either covered in foil or in an airtight container. To assist keep the bread fresh, line the bottom of the container with a paper towel.
- Freezer: Banana bread freezes well. Wrap the cooled loaf in foil, then position it into a zip-top bag and shop it frozen for approximately 3 months. Defrost the bread in the refrigerator prior to serving. I like to slice the bread initially. Then I can eliminate simply a couple of pieces as required and they thaw out rapidly.
Did you make this? Make sure to leave an evaluation listed below and tag me @rachelcooksblog on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Avoid your screen from going dark
This healthy banana bread recipe is a simple, low-fat fast bread that hurts, damp, and filled with banana taste! A basic swap of oil for applesauce is all it takes.
Heat oven to 350 ° F. Prepare 9 by 5 loaf pan by gently spraying with nonstick spray, reserved.
In a medium bowl, blend together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, blend together sugar, applesauce, oil, and vanilla extract. Blend in eggs till integrated. Utilizing a big spoon, stir in banana. Slowly stir in flour mix till simply integrated. Equally put batter into ready pan.
Bake till a toothpick placed in center comes out tidy, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Transfer bread in pan to a cake rack and let cool 5 minutes. Run a knife around edges of bread to loosen up from pan. Invert onto rack and turn bread topside up. Let stand till cooled totally (if you can wait that long). Cut into pieces.
- This freezes well. I usually double the recipe and cover one loaf in foil, then put in a freezer zip-top bag and freeze.
- Bread in images is made with 100% entire wheat flour and the nutrition info is computed utilizing entire wheat flour.
Serving: 1 piece, Calories: 177 kcal, Carbohydrates: 35 g, Protein: 4 g, Fat: 4 g, Hydrogenated Fat: 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0.02 g, Cholesterol: 27 mg, Salt: 217 mg, Potassium: 192 mg, Fiber: 3 g, Sugar: 17 g, Vitamin A: 62 IU, Vitamin C: 3 mg, Calcium: 23 mg, Iron: 1 mg
This site offers approximate nutrition info for benefit and as a courtesy just. Nutrition information is collected mainly from the USDA Food Structure Database, whenever offered, or otherwise other online calculators.