The Simplest and Finest Banana Muffins Recipe EVER! These are easy to work up and ideal for a weekend breakfast. Completely damp, these are filled with banana and topped with crumb topping, I can’t get enough of this simple muffin recipe!
My Favorite Banana Muffin Recipe
I seem like I absolutely do not provide muffins enough mess around here, and I do not understand why! I indicate, who does not like a muffin? I do have a couple of lovely option muffin recipes here, varying from Gooey Cinnamon Muffins all the method to the mouthwatering side with Pizza Muffins. BUT I have actually never ever published a timeless Banana Muffin recipe! Today we treat that circumstance.
These are incredibly simple to make, filled with bananas and sprayed with buttery crumb topping! I like these a lot since they constantly end up completely. They’re ideal to make over the weekend, and after that you can get them for a fast breakfast throughout the week!
Why Are These The very best?
- Ease of preparation This Banana Muffin recipe is so simple! No mixer is required, simply a couple of extremely ripe bananas!
- I adjusted an attempted and real reader preferredrecipe If you have actually ever made my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe you understand it’s the very best recipe out there. For this muffin recipe I adjusted that recipe a little to work completely baked in muffin tins.
- Absolutely versatile! This recipe is open to all possibilities. Do n’tl ove a crumb topping? Leave it off. Dislike nuts? Do not utilize them. Wish to include chocolate chips? Proceed! This is the ideal base recipe to get imaginative with!
What You Will Need/Ingredients
The ingredients are easy as long as you have some over-ripe bananas on your counter. Hop down to the recipe card at the bottom of this post for all the measurements and recipe directions. Plus, you can print it out to make later on!
- Ripe Bananas You desire the bananas to be medium in size, and be extremely ripe. This suggests they will be spotted with brown/black. If they’re dripping liquid toss them, however anything up till that point is fantastic! If your banana is all yellow wait a couple of days to utilize them for this recipe.
- Melted butter I like to utilize salted butter in my banana muffinrecipe You melt it that makes it extremely simple to blend into the batter and there’s no mixer required. If you do not have butter you can utilize grease or canola oil in its location. I choose butter nevertheless, since it includes taste.
- Sugars: You will utilize granulated sugar for the muffins and the crumb topping, and light brown sugar simply for the crumb topping.
- Eggs I utilize big eggs nearly specifically in my baking recipes unless otherwise specified.
- Vanilla Extract The vanilla extract in this recipe boosts the banana taste!
- Sour cream Including sour cream into the muffin batter provides these muffins a tender crumb, while likewise imparting wetness and fat. You might likewise utilize buttermilk, or complete fat Greek Yogurt.
- Dry Ingredients: Sodium bicarbonate, Kosher salt, and all function flour.
- Chopped Walnuts I like including sliced nuts into these muffins, however if you do not like nuts, just omit them!
How To Make Banana Muffins
Mash the ripe bananas in a medium bowl with a fork. It’s okay if they are a little bumpy. Set those aside for later on.
Stir together the melted butter and granulated sugar then blend in the eggs and vanilla up until it’s smooth. Then stir in the sour cream, mashed bananas, baking soda, and salt. Lastly stir in the flour up until it’s simply included.
If you are utilizing nuts or chocolate chips you ought to include them in now
Line a muffin tin with cupcake/muffin liners. You likewise can just grease or coat the muffin pan with nonstick spray. Dig 1/4 cup of the muffin batter into each liner. I like to utilize a determining cup for this, it makes it incredibly simple.
Then naturally you have the wonderful streusel topping. It’s incredibly simple to make, and I have actually even composed a whole post and designated recipe for streusel topping that deals with this recipe along with anytime you wish to include crumb topping. Leading each muffin uniformly with the buttery crumb. The bake time on these is 25-ish minutes, up until they are set and a toothpick comes out tidy.
Let them cool in the pan for about 10 minutes and after that serve them warm or transfer to a cake rack to cool entirely!
Do You Need To Include Nuts To These Muffins?
I understand including nuts to baked products is an individual choice, so I consisted of the choice for walnuts in the recipe card listed below, however you can definitely leave out the nuts from this recipe too! You can even include chocolate chips into the muffins if you like chocolate!
What Else Could You Contribute To These Muffins?
Banana Pairs well with many things in baked products! Here is a list of some enjoyable add-in concepts!
- Chocolate Chips. I indicate undoubtedly turning these into Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins is a great concept!
- Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- White Chocolate Chips
- Pumpkin Spice
Can You Freeze Banana Muffins?
YES! These Banana Muffins freeze completely! After they have actually cooled entirely, you can simply put them in a zip-top bag or any airtight container in the freezer them for approximately a couple of months for finest freshness! Merely thaw them at space temperature level and take pleasure in! You might reheat them if you would like with simply a couple of seconds in the microwave.
Can You Make These Muffins Mini?
Whether it be a weekend breakfast, or on a weekday prior to work and school, this muffin recipe is a terrific method to begin your early morning! You can even make this recipe into mini muffins! Merely utilize a small muffin tin, line with paper liners and bake for 7– 10 minutes, or up until they are done!
Desired More Muffin Recipes? Attempt these!
These Banana Muffins are simple and scrumptious!
- 3 medium bananas, extremely ripe
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 big eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups all function flour
- optional– 1/2 cup sliced walnuts
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups versatile flour
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F. Location cupcake liners in a muffin tin. Reserve.
- In a medium bowl mash the bananas with a fork, leaving them a little lumpy, and reserved.
- In a big bowl stir together the butter and sugar. Mix in the eggs and vanilla and stir up until smooth. Include the sour cream, mashed bananas, baking soda, and salt, and stir up until combined. Next mix in the flour up until included.
- Fold in the walnuts, if preferred.
- Part out 1/4 cup batter into each muffin tin and prepare crumb topping.
- In a medium bowl integrate all the crumb topping ingredients: granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, butter, and flour. The mix ought to form big crumbs. Leading each muffin with an equivalent part of the crumb topping.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or up until the muffins are set and a toothpick placed into the center comes out tidy.
- Permit the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and after that get rid of and cool on a cake rack, or serve warm.
Shop airtight for approximately 3 days.
Optional: You can include 1/2 cup chocolate chips if preferred!
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 489
- Sugar: 29.9 g
- Salt: 370.1 mg
- Fat: 27 g
- Carbohydrates: 57.6 g
- Protein: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
Keywords: banana bread, recipe, banana muffins, cookies and cups, banana
Wish To Conserve This Recipe?
Discover more recipes like this:
PIN for later on: