Tacky, tasty, and velvety Pimento Cheese is a timeless celebration dip and spread made from cheddar cheese and sweet pimento peppers. This simple Southern appetiser is an essential on video game day. You’ll see why!
Spread this on my Sugary Food Potato Biscuits for a real southern reward!
Creamy Pimento Cheese Recipe
If you read this in the South, you currently understand what will decrease in this kitchen area. In our home, it’s barely a video game day or an event unless there’s a huge bowl of velvety pimento cheese on the table. I figured it was due time that I shared my recipe with you.
Pimento cheese is a preferred Southern dip recipe that’s ultra-creamy, additional tacky, dippable, and spreadable. It’s ideal up there with Spinach and Artichoke Dip as an essential appetiser. If you have actually never ever attempted it, prepare to be consumed!
Why You’ll Love This Easy Dip Concept
I can practically ensure that this timeless dip will end up being a staple in your family. Here’s why you’ll like it:
- Loads of taste. This mouthwatering cheese dip is a little sweet, a little tasty, and it can even be a little spicy depending upon how you like it.
- Super simple. Integrate the ingredients, and after that let your dip being in the refrigerator till you’re prepared to dig in. That’s it!
- Perfect for video game day. No football celebration of ours is total without homemade pimento cheese spread over whatever from crackers to veggies. It’s best for dipping and topping.
What Is Pimento Cheese?
Pimento cheese is a timeless Southern appetiser that sees cheddar cheese and pimento peppers became a velvety dip (that functions as a sandwich spread). In some states, it’s referred to as Southern pâté. Spread it over whatever from crostini to crackers, and utilize it as a tacky dip for veggies, and more.
Are Pimento Peppers Hot?
Pimento peppers are among the mildest kinds of chili peppers, with a taste that’s typically sweet instead of spicy. In reality, pimentos are likewise referred to as cherry peppers due to their sweet taste and brilliant red color.
If you like your dip spicy, take the heat up a notch with rattled hot red peppers in location of the moderate roasted red peppers utilized in thisrecipe You might likewise include carefully diced jalapeños.
Ingredients You’ll Require
Below is a fast introduction of the list of ingredients you’ll require to make this popular Southern pimento pepper dip. Make sure to scroll to the recipe card for the complete recipe information.
- Cheddar Cheese: Make certain to utilize newly grated cheddar and not the kind that comes pre-shredded. I like making this recipe with sharp or extra-sharp cheddar cheese.
- Cream Cheese: Let the cream cheese pertained to space temperature level ahead of time, so that it’s much easier to blend.
- Pimento Peppers: I like the benefit of jarred pimentos or roasted red peppers. Pat them dry and dice them up carefully.
- Mayo: Including mayo makes the consistency of the dip a lot more abundant and velvety.
- Flavoring: Everybody has a various method of seasoning their pimento cheese! I utilize a mix of cayenne pepper for kick, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
How to Make Pimento Cheese
It could not be much easier to make homemade pimento cheese. Merely toss all the ingredients into a bowl and offer it an excellent stir. As soon as your dip is integrated, pop it into the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours. Cooling the cheese dip enables the tastes to come together prior to serving.
Can I Prepare This Recipe Ahead of Time?
Yes! As pointed out, you wish to offer this recipe sufficient time in the refrigerator. This makes pimento cheese really make-ahead friendly. Prepare the dip as directed a day or more ahead of time, and after that keep it covered in the refrigerator till you’re prepared to serve it.
Tips for Success
Here are some extra suggestions for the very best pimento cheese:
- Grate the cheese newly by hand. Avoid the bags of cheese when making pimento cheese, as pre-shredded cheddar features a waxy finishing that affects the dip’s taste and texture.
- If you’re delicate to spice, leave out the cayenne pepper in therecipe Do not hesitate to change the other flavorings to taste, likewise.
- Speed things up with your hand mixer. If I remain in a rush, I’ll utilize my electrical hand mixer to integrate the dipingredients Whatever you do, prevent the food mill as you still desire the texture of this dip to remain good and fluffy.
How to Serve Pimento Cheese
As a dip, serve pimento cheese with Skilled Crackers, tortilla chips, pita chips, or crudités. We like including it on a video game day appetiser table beside more favorites like these Crispy Crab Balls, Cheesy Chicken Taquitos, and Philly Cheesesteak Sliders.
Whenever I have a batch in the refrigerator, I’ll smear this red pepper dip over my early morning bagel. This recipe likewise makes an excellent spread on a pimento grilled cheese sandwich and a scrumptious, tasty hamburger topping. Plus, it’s scrumptious to contribute to more tacky recipes like my Stovetop Mac and Cheese!
This simple appetiser recipe keeps well, so you can delight in leftovers for days later! Here’s how to save your pimento cheese:
- Refrigerator: This cheddar and red pepper dip can be saved airtight in the refrigerator for as much as 4-5 days.
- Freezer: I do not advise freezing cheese-based dips as they tend to turn rough after they’re defrosted. Fortunate for you, this recipe is a breeze to work up and keep in the refrigerator!
More Easy Appetizers and Dips
Velvety Pimento Cheese is a timeless Southern appetiser dip and spread made from cheddar cheese and sweet pimento peppers. It’s an essential on video game day!
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, not pre-grated
- 6 ounces cream cheese, space temperature level
- 1/3 cup carefully diced roasted red peppers, patted dry
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Integrate all the ingredients in a big bowl and stir till integrated and velvety. Cool for 2 hours to enable the tastes to integrate.
- Serve with crackers, pita chips, tortilla chips, or as a spread on sandwiches, as a hamburger topper, or on a bagel
Keywords: pimento cheese, pimento cheese recipe, pimento cheese dip
Wish To Conserve This Recipe?
Discover more recipes like this: