This simple Apple Strudel recipe is filled with cinnamon, brown sugar, raisins and more! It’s a crispy, flaky pastry that’s simple to make and downright tasty.
Make certain to attempt my Apple Pie Recipe too! It’s the very best!
Easy Puff Pastry Apple Strudel
There’s no requirement to fuss with homemade pastry dough when making this simple homemade strudel. Cooled puff pastry will offer you a flaky dough that turns completely golden brown in the oven! I like a complete from-scratch minute like the next baker, however having a simple and fast recipe to impress in your back pocket is quite terrific too.
Not just can you utilize pre-made dough for the crust, however you can likewise throw up your apple filling out minutes. This timeless dessert looks so stunning, and it’s so easy to make!
What Is Apple Strudel?
Apple Strudel is a conventional pastry from the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The name is German, and the meal was made well-known by the Viennese. You understand, enjoyable truths to understand and inform.
Apple Strudel is likewise the state pastry of Texas! Did you understand that? And you might or might not understand that while I reside in NJ, I matured in Houston, Texas! It’s a veteran household favorite in lots of houses worldwide. This variation is how we delight in apple strudel at my home.
What Pastry is Utilized for Strudel?
A conventional apple strudel recipe (Apfelstrudel) is made with strudel dough. It’s a soft dough that’s hand extended into a long, thin sheet.
To make things easier and to conserve time, this variation requires cooled puff pastry dough. I discover that it works marvels for strudel if you let it thaw out entirely.
Hop to the bottom of this post for the complete recipe card with all the specific measurements!
- Granny Smith Apples: Peel the skin off your apples and slice them into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Lemon Juice
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- All Function Flour
- Golden Raisins: Golden raisins are made from white grapes instead of red ones, and they taste unbelievable in this strudel!
- Puff Pastry: Utilize a store-bought puff pastry for fast preparation. However ensure to totally thaw it out on the counter prior to making this meal. There will be defrosting directions on package!
- Egg Wash. Which is just a mix of egg and milk
- Coarse Sugar. Which is optional, however I like the sweet crunch it provides the top of the buttery pastry.
What Are the very best Apples to Utilize for Strudel?
Granny Smith apples are my go-to when it concerns this strudel. They’ll hold their shape and hold their texture after baking.
There are other sort of apples you can utilize too, consisting of Honey Crisp or Fuji apples. Simply ensure the range you’re utilizing is crisp enough to hold its own in the oven’s heat.
How to Make Apple Strudel
The complete recipe information remain in the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
Make the apple filling by blending together the apples, lemon juice, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, flour and raisins in a big bowl.
Defrost the pastry according to the bundle instructions and position the pastry onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Roll it out simply somewhat utilizing a rolling pin so it’s all even density.
Spread the apple mix equally down the center of the pastry, lengthwise and after that fold the sides of the dough around the apples. Seal the dough together by gently moistening the pastry and pushing it together. You can likewise cut the edges of the dough into strips like I have actually displayed in the picture and fold them decoratively like a braid. Get imaginative!
Brush the top of the pastry with an egg wash, which is just an egg and milk blended together. This will offer the strudel a shiny golden brown color as it bakes. Spray it with your coarse sugar and after that bake it for 35– 40 minutes in a 400 ° F oven.
Tips for the very best Homemade Apple Strudel
- Make Criss-Cross Pattern with Pastry: It’s simple to cut the sides of the pastry into strips and fold it decoratively! Simply cross the strips over each other at the same time and seal them gently with water.
- Serve Warm: This strudel is finest served after about 10 minutes of cooling time, however definitely can be delighted in at space temperature level too.
- Put Together on the Flat Pan: Make certain to fill and close your strudel on the baking sheet. It’s rather hard to choose it up and move it prior to it’s prepared.
- Leading with A Scoop Of Vanilla Ice Cream: Serve your warm strudel with velvety vanilla ice cream for an extraordinary reward! Include a drizzle of caramel sauce to actually take it to another level!
- A Dollop Of Whipped Cream on the top makes this actually delish!
- Include Icing: My 3 Component Sugar Cookie Icing makes a terrific topping for this pastry too.
- Serve with Milk: This strudel tastes terrific with a cold glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee!
- Dust with powdered sugar This will offer your strudel a quite, yet easy appearance!
How to Shop Strudel
Your strudel can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge. It will remain fresh for approximately 3 days! To reheat it, warm it in the oven or the toaster at 350 ° F.
Searching For More Apple Recipes? Attempt These:
This simple Apple Strudel is filled with cinnamon, brown sugar, raisins and more! It’s a crispy, flaky pastry that’s simple to make and downright tasty.
- 3 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons all function flour
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 sheet defrosted puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- Optional– 1/4 cup coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 ° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and reserved.
- In a big bowl, integrate the apples, lemon juice, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, flour and raisins. Stir to coat equally.
- Location the pastry onto the baking sheet and roll it out somewhat, utilizing a rolling pin to make it even.
- Spread the apple mix equally down the center of the pastry lengthwise.
- Fold the sides of the pastry around the apples. Seal the dough together by gently moistening the pastry and pushing it together. At the same time, you can cut the sides of the pastry into strips and fold it decoratively, crossing the strips over each other, sealing them gently with water.
- Blend together the egg and the milk. Gently brush the top of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar if preferred.
- Bake for 35– 40 minutes, till golden brown.
- Serve warm or at space temperature level.
Keywords: apple strudel, apple strudel recipe, apple dessert, apple dessert recipe, strudel recipe, strudel, baked apples, baked apples recipe
Wish To Conserve This Recipe?
Discover more recipes like this:
PIN for later on: