Oatmeal mug cake packed with peanut butter and chocolate chips … for a reason to consume cake for breakfast, look no more!
For many years, I have actually discovered that I feel a lot better throughout the day if I begin with a high protein breakfast I signed up with the baked oatmeal pattern and have actually been consumed with attempting various mixes of tastes. It’s not a surprise that peanut butter and chocolate was a combination that needed to make it on the blog site.
This mug cake is packed with 34 grams of protein and is a hearty (and insanely scrumptious) method to begin the day! And simply for the memories, this mug cake recipe and our chocolate chip cookie variation practically conserved my life after the bike crash. I could not consume generally for so long, and these mug cakes were the ideal method to get loads of protein.
Ingredients in Peanut Butter Choc Chip Mug Cake
These ingredients are so easy and most likely ones that you’ll currently have at home which is constantly a winner! This is implied to simply be a summary of the ingredients required. For all the information and complete measurements, scroll down to the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Banana: includes wetness and natural sweet taste to the cake
- Peanut Butter: includes taste and protein
- Egg: assists with the structure of the cake and includes more protein
- Oats: opt for old made oats or fast oats
- KEEP IN MIND: Steel cut oats will not operate in this recipe
- Protein Powder: we have actually been utilizing vanilla however I make sure it would be fantastic with chocolate or peanut butter protein powder too
- Milk: any kind of milk will work, utilize almond milk and make it dairy totally free!
- Baking Powder: offers the cake some increase and fluffiness
- Salt: boosts all the tastes
- Mini Chocolate Chips: you can blend these in or simply spray them on top after baking
- Peanut Butter Chips: completely optional however they are a scrumptious addition
If you aren’t down with utilizing bananas in your mug cake, here are couple of concepts for alternatives:
- Apple Butter
- Canned Pumpkin
You’ll wish to utilize about 1/4– 1/3 cup of these.
Avoid the chocolate chips and include a dollop of jam on top. It will resemble consuming a breakfast pb & & j.
Include sliced peanuts for more peanut taste and included crunch.
Slice some bananas and include them on top.
Include flaxseeds or chia seeds for a lot more included nutrition.
Drizzle with caramel or top with a scoop of ice cream. Ok, this might have gotten in the dessert zone, however it simply feels ideal!
What to Consume with a Mug Cake
This peanut butter baked oatmeal is hearty enough to have for breakfast by itself, however I enjoy my own with a fresh glass of orange juice or some sliced fresh fruit. If you wish to go huge time, include a side of crispy bacon or sausage.
Can this Recipe Be Made in the Microwave?
Yes, oatmeal mug cake can be microwaved for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes however I certainly choose it baked in the oven.
Can Baked Oatmeal Be Baked in Ramekins?
Yes, that is what utilize usually due to the fact that a great deal of times, I’m uncertain if mugs are oven safe. Ramekins work completely! You desire an 8oz mugs or baking dish/ramekin.
Why You Will Love This Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- High in protein: I enjoy sustaining my kids (and myself) with a high protein breakfast particularly on school days. My kids enjoy baked oatmeal. They believe they are getting cake for breakfast.
- Single serving: This recipe is implied to be a single serving however can quickly be increased to make numerous portions for the entire household. It’s completely scalable to your requirements. No leftovers and no big mess!
- Simple: The ingredients are easy and most likely products you’ll currently have. Making the recipe likewise could not be easier. Simply toss everything into a mixer or food mill and mix it till integrated, then stir in the mix-ins and put into mugs/ramekins. Bake and consume!
- Healthy and healthy: Sweet breakfasts like pancakes, waffles or french toast are packed with sugar and carbohydrates (do not get me incorrect, I’m consumed with them however they should not be consumed daily), this recipe is lower in sugar and greater in protein.
- Adjustable: Each mug cake can be completely tailored to each individual’s taste. I enjoy to let me kids utilize their creativities with these.
- Preparation ahead: These can be made ahead and reheat actually well. See area listed below for information.
Storage and Make Ahead Tips
Shop baked oatmeal in an airtight container in the fridge. It will keep for as much as a week.
If you wish to make these ahead, I suggest baking them and letting them cool. Then keep them in the fridge till all set to consume. They reheat exceptionally well in the microwave and they are really rather scrumptious cold too!
Cake for breakfast? Do not mind if we do! This mug cake recipe has lots of protein and packed with peanut butter and chocolate chips. Baked oatmeal is all the rage nowadays and we have actually included a little protein powder to make a delightful high protein breakfast!
More High Protein Recipes:
Include all ingredients (other than mix-ins) to a mixer and mix till smooth.
1/2 Banana, 1 Egg, 1/2 Cup Oats, 1/2 Scoop Protein Powder, 1/4 Cup Milk, 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder, 1 Pinch Salt
Include preferred mix-ins. Put into a mug.
1 Tablespoon Mini Chocolate Chips
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Drizzle hot peanut butter on top for additional yumminess!
Calories: 635 kcal