Immediate Pot shredded chicken is a meal prepping important! Find out 4 various variations, each made with just 2 ingredients! You’ll enjoy this chicken on salads, tacos, burrito bowls, and in soup!
Why you’ll enjoy it: Having actually prepared chicken in the refrigerator or freezer prepared to utilize in recipes is a video game changer at meal time. Turn a household pack of boneless chicken breasts, fresh or frozen, into a meal prepping dream!
For how long it takes: 20 minutes
Devices you’ll require: Immediate Pot pressure cooker
If you’re aiming to streamline supper time preparations, this is the recipe for you. Change a huge pack of boneless skinless chicken breasts, fresh or frozen, into a ready-to-use component for all sorts of simple and well balanced meals.
How typically have you gotten home from work and recognized that you do not have anything prepared for supper? Raw meat that’s frozen strong simply does not provide itself to a fast meal.
Typically, I draw on frozen shrimp. It defrosts and formulate extremely rapidly for meals like sheet pan shrimp fajitas or shrimp and broccoli stir fry however you can’t consume shrimp every night.
That’s why I constantly have a few of this Immediate Pot shredded chicken on hand! Purchasing a household pack of boneless skinless chicken breasts is typically quite cost-effective and it’s incredibly flexible. You can utilize it in any variety of methods. Keep checking out for great deals of concepts.
I’ll reveal you how to make 4 scrumptious ranges of shredded chicken. All of them are extremely simple and operate in a range of recipes.
How To Utilize Immediate Pot Shredded Chicken
- Salads: Attempt this southwestern barbeque chicken salad or include shredded chicken to bagged salads for a really simple meal.
- Burrito bowls: Start with prepared rice or another grain, include shredded chicken, and your preferred garnishes, like black beans, avocado, tomatoes, salsa, and so on for a really gratifying and healthy meal. Include velvety cilantro lime drizzle, if you like.
- Tacos: Mix the chicken with my taco flavoring, warm it up, things it in a tortilla, and include your preferred garnishes.
- Nachos: We enjoy barbeque chicken nachos and cauliflower nachos (roasted cauliflower fills in tortilla chips).
- Enchiladas: Make chicken enchiladas verde with your shredded chicken. They’re incredibly simple to make and everybody enjoys ’em!
- Soup: Velvety chicken rice soup and white chicken chili are a number of favorites.
- Mac and cheese: Physician up ready mac and cheese with shredded chicken, green peas, additional cheddar, and leading with diced tomatoes, if you like.
- Packed baked potatoes or baked sweet potatoes: Fill the potatoes with shredded chicken, and anything else you like, and melt cheese on top. So great!
About This Recipe
I make Immediate Pot shredded chicken practically weekly. There isn’t much to it. It’s incredibly easy and after you make it when, you most likely will not even require to describe this how-torecipe I’ll direct you through it the very first time and provide you great deals of handy pointers.
As soon as you master this simple recipe, you’ll discover yourself returning to it once again and once again, specifically as you find how practical it is to have actually shredded chicken constantly on hand.
You’ll discover total directions, measurements, and nutrition info on the recipe card near the bottom of the post.
How To Make This Chicken
All of it starts with boneless skinless chicken breasts. Can you utilize boneless skinless thighs? Naturally! You can do a few of each, if you desire. The recipe begins with one and a half pounds of chicken however you can increase it if you like. The cooking time will be the very same however it will take the Immediate Pot a bit longer to come to pressure.
I cover 4 variations of Immediate Pot shredded chicken in this post however all of it come down to this:
- Chicken + One Cup of Liquid: Salsa, barbeque sauce, broth, water, whatever you like.
- Prepare in Immediate Pot: Prepare on High pressure for 10 minutes, fast release.
- Shred: Pick your preferred approach to shred the chicken, return it to the liquid in the Immediate Pot so it can absorb the tasty juices, and serve!
Variation # 1: Plain Shredded Chicken
Plain and easy, it does not get more flexible than this! All you require is:
- chicken broth (or water)
I likewise advise seasoning the chicken with pepper and perhaps salt too, if you’re utilizing a reduced-sodium broth.
Variation # 2: Salsa Verde Shredded Chicken
This is my go-to. Include it to southwestern/Mexican design meals or simply cover it in a tortilla and consume it as is. It’s best for these roasted cauliflower nachos!
Variation # 3: Salsa Shredded Chicken
Pretty comparable to # 2 however with tomato salsa. It’s a cousin of my sluggish cooker shredded chicken that I utilize for tacos. Here’s what you require:
- salsa of your option– moderate, medium, or hot
If you wish to spice it up, include homemade taco flavoring. One teaspoon will be moderate, 1 to 2 tablespoons will provide you a spicier shredded chicken. If you like the smoky taste of chipotle, make certain to attempt my chipotle salsa.
Variation # 4: Barbeque Shredded Chicken
This is terrific on barbeque chicken bowls and likewise makes a fantastic sandwich on a bun. Shredded chicken is a scrumptious topping for baked potatoes or sweet potatoes with a spray of sharp cheddar cheese. It works terrific for barbecue chicken pizza.
- your preferred barbecue sauce (attempt homemade barbeque sauce)
Note: If your preferred barbecue sauce is a truly thick, sweet one, I ‘d advise including 1/4 cup water to avoid the sugar in the sauce from burning on the bottom of the pan. Another alternative is to make the chicken plain (variation # 1) and after that stir in the barbeque sauce after the chicken is shredded.
For how long do you prepare chicken breast in a pressure cooker?
10 minutes (high pressure, fast release) is a quite sweet area for me.
I constantly inspect the temperature level of the chicken breasts with an instantaneous read thermometer when they’re done cooking and if it does not check out 165 ° F, I turn the pressure cooker to sauté, set the cover partly on (do not lock it into location) and prepare the chicken for an extra 1 to 2 minutes up until it comes near temperature level. If the temperature level is quite close, simply letting the chicken rest for 5 minutes will bring it as much as 165 ° F.
If the chicken pieces are on the little side, it may take a little less time (8 minutes), however if they’re huge and/or frozen, you may wish to provide closer to 12 minutes
Frequently Asked Questions
Chicken can get a rubbery texture if it’s overcooked, specifically boneless skinless chicken breasts. To prevent overcooking, follow the cooking directions thoroughly. An immediate read thermometer is handy due to the fact that you understand right away if the chicken has actually reached a safe temperature level (165 ° F), preventing uncertainty and overcooking.
Pulled chicken can end up being hard if it’s overcooked, specifically if you utilize breast meat. If you’re accustomed to making pulled pork, you’ll understand that long, sluggish cooking leads to a tender shreds of pork; nevertheless, there’s a crucial distinction in between pork and chicken breasts. Pork, specifically pork shoulder which is typically utilized for pulled pork, includes a great deal of fat which keeps the meat wet and tender. On the other hand, chicken breasts are extremely low in fat.
To correct this, keep in mind that chicken does not need to prepare as long as pork. Permit the shredded chicken to take in the cooking liquid. If you have time, cool the chicken in the liquid over night to let it soak up the tasty juices.
Chicken can quickly be overcooked in an Instantaneous Pot due to the fact that pressure cooking integrates extreme heat and steam under pressure to prepare food quicker. It’s a typical error to overcook food in a pressure cooker.
How To Shred The Chicken
- Utilizing 2 forks: The most typical method to shred chicken is to put it on a plate and utilize 2 forks to pull it apart.
- Utilizing a stand mixer: You can likewise put the chicken in the bowl of your stand mixer and utilize the paddle accessory on low to shred. Do not exaggerate it unless you like mushy chicken.
- Utilizing a hand mixer inside the Immediate Pot: This is my preferred method although it includes a disclaimer: be extremely cautious of hot splatters! Utilize a hand mixer with the typical beaters connected. Turn the mixer on low speed right inside the Immediate Pot. Partly cover the top of the Immediate Pot with a tidy towel to minimize spatters. This approach will shred your chicken in less than one minute, without any additional meals. That’s why it’s my preferred method.
How To Make Diced Chicken
Naturally, the chicken does not need to be shredded. Permit the chicken to cool a little and dice it. Usage diced chicken for chicken salad with walnuts and grapes, curried chicken salad, curried chicken salad, or this velvety avocado chicken salad.
Very finely piece the chicken breasts for sandwiches, if you like. It’s method more cost-effective and healthier than processed luncheon meat.
Refrigerate: Cool chicken and shop in airtight containers. Shredded chicken can be cooled for as much as 5 days. You can utilize it for meals all week long.
Freeze: Freeze the chicken in the quantities you will require. Do not freeze all of it in one huge container. It defrosts rapidly if you put it in a resealable bag and spread it flat. Label it with the quantity and the date. It will maintain to 6 months.
Reheat: If chicken is frozen, thaw over night in the refrigerator if you consider it. If not, partly soften the frozen chicken in the microwave, then include it to the recipe you’re making. If you’re including it to soup, there’s no requirement to thaw it initially.
Did you make this? Make sure to leave an evaluation listed below and tag me @rachelcooksblog on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Avoid your screen from going dark
Immediate Pot shredded chicken is a meal prepping important! Find out 4 various variations, each made with just 2 ingredients!
If preferred, spray the within the Immediate Pot with nonstick spray. Include chicken and your option of liquid. I like to put a little salsa (or other liquid) under the chicken along with on the top to avoid chicken from staying with the bottom of the Immediate Pot and to make certain the chicken takes in lots of taste.
Safe and secure cover and turn valve to seal. Set Immediate Pot to Pressure Prepare (or High pressure) for 10 minutes.
When cooking is total, fast release pressure by turning valve to vent, looking out for steam. When pressure valve reduces, eliminate cover. Inspect thickest part of chicken with an instantaneous read thermometer; it must be 165 ° F (see note).
Get rid of the chicken from the Immediate Pot, enable to cool a little, and shred the chicken with 2 forks. You can likewise shred it quicker however really thoroughly with a hand mixer right inside the Immediate Pot (see post), however be careful for splashing liquids! Partly cover the pot with a tidy meal towel. The chicken can be diced or sliced, if you choose.
As soon as meat is shredded, return it to liquid in Immediate Pot (if you eliminated it to shred it) and stir to integrate. Serve right away or cool in an airtight container, with or without liquid, for as much as 5 days. You can likewise freeze it, divided into containers or freezer bags to utilize within 6 months.
- Nutritional info computed for 1.5 pounds. chicken and low salt chicken broth. Please consider the dietary worths of the specific sauce you pick.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts can differ commonly in size which impacts the cooking time. If they are huge, cut them in half lengthwise before cooking.
- What to do if the chicken isn’t done: If the internal temperature level of the chicken does not reach 165 ° F by the time it is done cooking, change your Immediate Pot to Sauté and set the cover on so it’s a little open. The chicken will complete cooking rapidly on the sauté mode. If the temperature level is extremely near 165 ° F, just let the chicken rest for 5 minutes approximately. The internal temperature level will continue to increase. If you re-pressurize the Immediate Pot, it’s most likely to overcook the chicken.
- Cooking frozen chicken: Prepare for 12 minutes, 14 if chicken breasts are huge.
Serving: 0.5 cup, Calories: 136 kcal, Carbohydrates: 0.5 g, Protein: 25 g, Fat: 3 g, Hydrogenated Fat: 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0.01 g, Cholesterol: 73 mg, Salt: 143 mg, Potassium: 453 mg, Sugar: 0.1 g, Vitamin A: 34 IU, Vitamin C: 1 mg, Calcium: 7 mg, Iron: 1 mg
This site supplies approximate nutrition info for benefit and as a courtesy just. Nutrition information is collected mostly from the USDA Food Structure Database, whenever offered, or otherwise other online calculators.