I’m utilizing a fascinating active ingredient in this sluggish cooker gammon to provide it a beautiful sweet taste, along with assisting to keep it great and tender.
I might ask you to scroll down to discover the response, however I will not do that to you!
It’s Coca Soda pop! Yep cooking gammon in coke may appear a little strange, however it works so well!
It takes very little effort to prep this recipe, with the sluggish cooker is doing the majority of the work. We’re likewise going to complete it off with a fast honey mustard glaze to provide the gammon a sweet sticky surface.
Take some great thin pieces of this tender sweet slow-cooked gammon and serve it on some buttered fresh bread, it tastes wonderful
To make this sluggish cooker gammon you’re going to require:
- Gammon joint – I’m utilizing a 2.5 kg smoked Gammon. You can utilize smoked or unsmoked, your choice – what sort of bacon do you like? Choose the very same choice.
- Complete Fat Coca soda (not diet plan coke) – enough to totally cover the gammon – I utilize about 3 litres.
- Spices consisting of, cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice and ground black pepper.
What’s the distinction in between Ham and Gammon?
Gammon is a joint of pork that’s been treated (by smoking cigarettes, brining or salting), comparable to that of bacon, and is offered raw. Ham has actually either been dry-cured or prepared.
Technically as soon as you have actually prepared your gammon it ends up being ham!
H ow to make it
Complete recipe with comprehensive actions in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- Start by eliminating the gammon joint from its product packaging and eliminate any butcher twine or netting.
- Include the gammon to the sluggish cooker (or crockery pot), put over coke, and include the spices.
- Slow prepare for 4.5 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- After that, we’re going to eliminate the gammon, eliminate the skin, score the fat layer, and cover it in an easy honey mustard glaze.
- Bake it in the oven at 190C (375F) for 20-25 minutes
PRO IDEA Line your baking tray with foil due to the fact that the glaze might bake onto the tray making it tough to wipe later on.
Do not wish to utilize the sluggish cooker?
If you do not wish to utilize the sluggish cooker then you can attempt my baked ham
What to serve it with
I like to serve this as a focal point of a buffet that the entire household can go into. Scroll down for some more buffet concepts, however you might serve it like this:
- On a sandwich with some fresh bread
- Take thin pieces and turn them into ham and cheese packed croissants < < a Christmas Breakfast preferred!
- As an accompaniment to salads such as my Pasta Salad
- Or choose that British classic of gammon and pineapple (I like to include a fried egg) and some chips ( french fries)
If you have any leftovers then why not make them into a delicious Turkey and Ham Pasta Bake
More Joyful Buffet Recipes
Stay upgraded with brand-new recipes!
Sign up for the newsletter to hear when I publish a brand-newrecipe I’m likewise on YouTube ( brand-new videos each week) and Instagram ( behind-the-scenes stories & & stunning food images).
Slow Cooker Gammon Recipe
The ingredients may sound strange however believe me this sluggish cooker gammon hurts and has a great sweet taste. Very little prep time and the sluggish cooker is doing the majority of the work.
Location the gammon joint in the sluggish cooker, include soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and pepper.
2 kg – 2.5 kg (4.5-5.5 pound) gammon joint, 3 litres (~ 100 fl oz) complete fat soda, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp allspice, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Prepare on high for 4.5 hours or low for 6 hours. (See Keep In Mind 1)
Get rid of from sluggish cooker, dispose of all however 2 tablespoon of the cooking liquid. Put on a slicing board. Delegate cool for 10 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 190C/375F and line a baking tray with foil.
Utilizing a sharp knife, thoroughly eliminate the skin from the ham joint. Leave as much of the fat as possible behind.
Rating the layer of fat in diamond patterns utilizing a sharp knife.
In a little bowl, mix together the glaze ingredients, plus 2 tablespoon of the cooking liquid, till integrated.
100 g ( 1/2 cup) light soft brown sugar, 4 tablespoon honey, 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground cloves
Spoon 3/4 of the mix on top of the ham. Location in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, basting with the staying glaze in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Get rid of from the oven and rest the meat for 10 minutes before sculpting.
- If you’re stressed over there being a line on the gammon where it’s immersed in the liquid then you can turn it midway through the sluggish cooking phase, although I didn’t discover this to be an issue.
Nutritional details is per serving. There are approx. 12 portions in this recipe.
Calories: 256 kcal Carbohydrates: 15 g Protein: 37 g Fat: 5 g Hydrogenated Fat: 2 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g Trans Fat: 0.03 g Cholesterol: 103 mg Salt: 157 mg Potassium: 623 mg Fiber: 0.4 g Sugar: 14 g Vitamin A: 16 IU Vitamin C: 0.1 mg Calcium: 34 mg Iron: 1 mg
A few of the links in this post might be affiliate links– which suggests if you purchase the item I get a little commission (at no additional expense to you). If you do purchase, then thank you! That’s what assists us to keep Kitchen area Sanctuary running. The dietary details supplied is approximate and can differ depending upon a number of elements. To find out more please see our Terms & & Conditions.