These soft and chewy frosted sugar cookie bars are topped with a thick layer of buttercream icing (and sprays!). Delight in newly baked sugar cookies with barely any effort!
These sugar cookie bars are soft-baked like a chewy chocolate chip cookie and thick like a peanut butter blondie. They taste much like my preferred soft frosted sugar cookies, made with a portion of the effort! This recipe is:
- Quick. If you approve baking however not huge on time, sugar cookie bars are the response. Have your cookie bars prepared in thirty minutes or less, without cooling or presenting the dough.
- Holiday-worthy. Sugar cookie bars are simple to embellish for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, you call it. Alter the icing color and include some sprays! This is one recipe you’ll wish to conserve for every vacation and event.
You can make the very best chewy sugar cookie bars with simply 8 simple ingredients (plus your option of icing). I have actually consisted of some active ingredient keeps in mind listed below. Do not forget to scroll to the recipe card for the totals and recipe guidelines.
- Sugar— Traditional sugar cookies require great ol’ granulated white sugar.
- Butter— Salted or saltless, gave space temperature level.
- Cream Cheese — Likewise at space temperature level. I advise utilizing blocks of cream cheese instead of the spreadable kind.
- Vanilla — For the very best taste, stick to genuine vanilla extract (rather than replica vanilla).
- Baking Powder and Sodium Bicarbonate
- Icing— I frost these bars with my preferred homemade buttercream icing and leading them with rainbow sprays.
Thick and tasty cookie bars are enjoyable and joyful adequate to produce the vacations, and simple adequate to make whenever a yearning for soft and buttery sugar cookies strikes. Have your cookie bars baked and frosted in simply a couple of fast actions:
- Integrate the dough ingredients. Cream together butter, sugar, and cream cheese, followed by the egg and vanilla. Next, gradually include your dry ingredients and mix till integrated.
- Fill the pan. Press the sugar cookie dough into a foil-lined jelly roll pan.
- Bake. Bake the cookie bars at 350ºF for 20 minutes, simply till the edges are a little golden. Let the bars cool entirely before frosting and embellishing.
Leading your bars with your option of timeless buttercream, chocolate icing, or any type of frosting you ‘d like! This velvety brown sugar icing and heritage icing are likewise tasty. Or, you can attempt my mint chocolate chip icing or this funfetti celebration icing for something joyful. Frosting and embellishing these sugar cookie bars is incredibly simple:
- Make the icing. Work up a fast batch of your preferred icing. Do not hesitate to color the icing utilizing gel food dyes.
- Frost the bars. Stack dollops of icing onto your cookie bars. Utilize a balanced out spatula or a knife to spread out the icing uniformly over top.
- Include sprays. Complete your bars with rainbow sprays, chocolate chips, or chocolate shavings.
Tips for Success
Similar to conventional sugar cookies, there are a couple of crucial things that make all the distinction when it concerns baking ideal bars:
- Usage space temperature levelingredients Ensure to take your butter and cream cheese (and even the egg) out of the refrigerator ahead of time. Room-temperature ingredients integrate more quickly with the other ingredients.
- Prevent overmixing. Mix the dry ingredients into the damp dough just till the dough is integrated, and take care to not overmix. Excessively blended cookie dough yields thick, difficult cookie bars.
- Do not overbake. The crucial to soft, chewy sugar cookie bars is to take the bars out of the oven while they’re still a little bit underbaked. They must be simply browned at the edges, and soft in the middle. The bars will continue to establish as they cool.
- Let the cookie bars cool. Mentioning cooling, provide the bars adequate time to cool down entirely once they run out the oven. If the bars are still warm, the icing will move straight off.
These cookie bars are tasty simply as they are, or you can quickly alter the add-ins, tastes, and designs for your next unique event! You can turn almost any sugar cookie recipe into bars simply by changing the baking times. Attempt these concepts:
- Flavoring— Include a couple of drops of seasoning extract, such as peppermint, almond, or orange extract.
- Chocolate— Obtain my soft chocolate sugar cookie dough and make bars rather.
- Funfetti — Include a handful of rainbow sprays to the cookie dough. I advise utilizing jimmies (the vibrant rods) rather than nonpareils (the little balls) as jimmies will not bleed color into the cookie dough.
- Sweet — Fill your bars with sliced chocolate bars, white chocolate chips, or include M&M s to make M&M cookie bars. For the vacations, make sweet walking cane sugar cookie bars.
- Snickerdoodles— Attempt Snickerdoodle bars for a simple variation topped with cinnamon sugar.
Can I Prepare These Bars Ahead Of Time?
Yes! You can bake the cookie bars and make the frosting approximately 1 day ahead. Shop the cookie bars airtight at space temperature level and the icing covered in the refrigerator till you’re prepared to frost and serve. Additionally, freeze the unfrosted sugar cookie bars airtight for approximately 2-3 months, and thaw them in the refrigerator before icing.
- To Shop. Shop the frosted bars in an airtight container at space temperature level for 1-2 days. After that, keep them in the refrigerator for approximately 3-4 days.
- Freeze. I advise freezing sugar cookie bars before they’re frosted (see above for make-ahead pointers). Nevertheless, you can likewise freeze the frosted bars. Shop them securely and keep them frozen for approximately 3 months. Thaw the bars in the refrigerator before serving.
These soft and chewy sugar cookie bars are topped with a thick layer of buttercream icing (and sprays!). Easy to make in thirty minutes, and the dough does not need any rolling or cooling.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, space temperature level
- 8 oz cream cheese, space temperature level
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 °
- Line a jelly roll pan (15x10x1) with aluminum foil and spray gently with cooking spray.
- In your mixer cream butter, cream cheese and sugar together. Include egg and vanilla and mix till integrated.
- With mixer on low, include your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix till simply integrated.
- Press dough uniformly into your ready pan. (dough will be sticky)
- Bake for 20 minutes till edges start to golden.
- Cool entirely before frosting.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 26.3 g
- Salt: 274.5 mg
- Fat: 11.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.2 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 25.7 mg
Keywords: sugar cookie bars, sugar cookie bars recipe
Wish To Conserve This Recipe?
Discover more recipes like this: