Peanut butter enthusiasts, this chocolate peanut butter pie is for you! A bit like a huge peanut butter cup, this simple cooled pie recipe layers a fluffy peanut butter cream cheese filling into an Oreo crust, then tops it off with chocolate ganache and crispy peanuts. How can you withstand?!
Why you’ll enjoy it: The timeless chocolate and peanut butter combination in the kind of a decadent no-bake pie recipe is an unique dessert that everybody will be requesting.
For how long it takes: 25 minutes to prep, plus 4 hours to chill
Devices you’ll require: F ood processor, pie plate, electrical hand mixer
Portions: Since this pie is so abundant, it will quickly serve 10 to 12 individuals.
If you have actually ever longed for a giant, sliceable peanut butter cup, this chocolate peanut butter pie comes quite darn close.
Rather of a basic sweetened peanut butter filling, I kick it up a notch by mixing smooth peanut butter with cream cheese, powdered sugar, and dreamy whipped cream. The outcome is appetizing like a peanut butter cheesecake, however likewise light, fluffy, and very velvety.
The airy filling is put right into an Oreo crust– no baking required, not even for the crust!– and after that a layer of ganache is topped the top. Here once again, we’re wandering off from a conventional peanut butter cup, however I believe we can all concur that abundant, melt-in-your-mouth ganache is method much better than routine chocolate.
This is a recipe that’s particular to be a hit!
Factors to Love Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- A no-bakerecipe I enjoy a velvety cooled pie however most recipes have a baked crust. This chocolate peanut butter pie is a real no-bake recipe due to the fact that the Oreo crust does not require to be baked.
- Everybody’s preferred duo There’s a reason that peanut butter cups are everybody’s preferred sweet, ideal?! That mix of peanut butter and chocolate is rather perhaps (most likely!) the very best thing because sliced bread. ( You’ll likewise enjoy it in my buckeyes recipe, peanut butter chocolate banana milkshake, and peanut butter fudge brownies!)
- Serves a crowd Since this pie is so abundant and decadent, you can quickly get 10 to 12 portions out of it. Needless to state, it’s likewise a crowd-pleaser!
- Make-and-freeze choice Chocolate peanut butter pie is wonderful for making ahead of time and freezing till you require it. It’s simply as tasty frozen and defrosted as it is newly made.
I’ll get you begun on the recipe here and offer you additional pointers however make sure to scroll down to the recipe card listed below for specifics.
Ingredients you’ll require
- Heavy Light Whipping Cream: Accept no replacements! A lighter dairy item like half-and-half or entire milk will not offer you the very best ganache. You’ll utilize this in the filling too.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate: I suggest utilizing a high quality chocolate bar (a minimum of 70% cocoa) due to the fact that it has less sugar and will melt more efficiently than semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Oreos: Usage routine Oreo cookies and prevent the Double Stuf range, which will shake off the percentages of the crust due to the additional cream filling.
- Unsalted Butter: Melt the butter in a little pan or the microwave. Although it takes a bit longer, I normally choose the stovetop technique due to the fact that it melts more uniformly, without the danger of spattering.
- Cream Cheese: Utilize the full-fat blocks of cream cheese, not the tubs of whipped cream cheese.
- Creamy Peanut Butter: For this recipe, you’ll wish to pick the routine shelf-stable peanut butter, not the natural kind that requires to be stirred before utilizing.
- Powdered Sugar: Likewise referred to as confectioners’ sugar. Make certain to spoon the powdered sugar out of the container into a determining cup, leveling it off. If you utilize the determining cup to scoop the sugar, it condenses and you’ll get excessive.
- Heavy Light Whipping Cream: Whipping the whipping cream till it’s fluffy provides the pie filling a lighter texture.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla does not simply include vanilla taste; it likewise boosts the general taste of a recipe.
- Mixed drink (salted) Peanuts: The crispy texture and salted taste include the best contrast to the sweet, velvety filling. Keep checking out for much more topping concepts.
Before you get going, put your blending bowl and beaters or blend accessory in the freezer. A cold bowl and whisk makes whipping whipping cream simpler!
How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Start with the ganache Slice the chocolate bar into little pieces. Warm the heavy light whipping cream in a little saucepan set over medium heat till it simply reaches a simmer, then put it over the chocolate. Let it set for a couple of minutes to offer the warm cream an opportunity to melt the chocolate.
Stir the butter and cream carefully with a spoon or rubber spatula till the mix is smooth and silky. Set it aside to cool while you deal with the remainder of therecipe Keep in mind: Do not cool the ganache till you spread it on the pie.
Make the crust Utilizing a food mill, squash the Oreo cookies. Include the butter to the processor and continue to pulse till the butter and crumbs come together. Press the crust mix into the bottom and up the sides of a deep meal pie plate.
Cool the Oreo cookie pie crust while you make the filling to offer it an opportunity to tighten.
Make the filling Utilizing an electrical mixer, beat the cream cheese till it’s smooth. Include the peanut butter and mix till it’s completely integrated. Turn the mixer to low and beat in 1 cup of powdered sugar.
Next, in a different blending bowl (the bowl that you cooled), whip the whipping cream till it reaches the soft peak phase. Include the vanilla and powdered sugar and continue to beat till stiff peaks form.
Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mix simply till it’s integrated. Do not stir the filling mix excessive; you do not wish to deflate the whipped cream.
Put together the pie. Put the peanut butter filling into the cooled pie crust. Smooth the top. Next, spread out the chocolate ganache over the top of the pie. I like to leave a little border of peanut butter filling exposed for a preview of what lies beneath.
Make certain to garnish with the sliced peanuts before the ganache solidifies so they stick. As tough as it might be to wait, you require to cool your luscious chocolate peanut butter for 4 hours or over night so the pie will be firm adequate to slice.
For a crisp crust, you can bake it in a 350ºF oven for 10 minutes. Cool the crust totally before including the filling.
Frequently Asked Questions
An 8-ounce container of Cool Whip can be replacemented for the whipped cream, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar. There will be a small various in texture due to the fact that Cool Whip is supported and homemade whipped cream is not– it will be more durable and less fluffy.
Utilizing a food mill will offer you the very best outcomes, however you can utilize a high-speed mixer to make the Oreo crumbs, make your own crumbs by putting the Oreos in a zip-top bag and squashing them with a rolling pin, or just purchase Oreo crumbs. When you have the crumbs, move them to a bowl and stir in the melted butter.
Yes, you can utilize a store-bought Oreo crust, because they are smaller sized, you will have additional filling. You can freeze the additional in an airtight container to make no-churn ice cream, which is likewise made by integrating a flavored base with whipped whipping cream.
How to make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie your own
- Make mini chocolate peanut butter pies Press the crust into the cups of a greased (or lined) muffin tin, then divide the filling into the cups.
- Change up the topping Not a fan of nuts in your desserts? Sliced Butterfingers, Snickers bars, or peanut butter cups is incredible, as is Reese’s Pieces. For that sweet-and-salty contrast, attempt damaged pieces of pretzels rather.
- Utilize a graham cracker crust Make a graham cracker crust rather of utilizing Oreos. You’ll require 2 1/4 cups of graham cracker crumbs for a deep meal pie pan.
- Make it nut-free Usage sunflower seed butter rather of peanut butter and avoid the peanut topping to make this chocolate peanut butter pie allergy-friendly.
- Make it gluten-free Just swap in gluten-free Oreos and this is a gluten-free chocolate peanut butter pie!
Make Ahead and Storage
Refrigerate: Keep the pie covered in the fridge for as much as 4 days.
Freeze: For longer storage, cover the pie securely with cling wrap and location it in an airtight container or freezer bag for as much as 1 month.
Did you make this? Make certain to leave an evaluation listed below and tag me @rachelcooksblog on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Avoid your screen from going dark
A bit like a huge peanut butter cup, this simple cooled pie recipe layers a fluffy peanut butter cream cheese filling into an Oreo crust, then tops it off with chocolate ganache and crispy peanuts.
For the ganache:
Make the ganache initially so it has an opportunity to cool before you include it to the pie. Slice chocolate bar and contribute to a medium bowl. It’s finest to slice it carefully so it melts rapidly. Reserve.
Heat 3/4 cup heavy light whipping cream in a little pan over medium heat till it simply reaches a simmer. Do not heat it to boiling. Put the cream over the chocolate and enable it to sit for 3 to 4 minutes.
Carefully stir the mix with a spoon or slicone spatula till smooth. (Utilizing a whisk might integrate air and the ganache will not be as smooth.) Permit the ganache to cool to space temperature level while making the crust and filling. It will thicken as it cools.
For the crust:
Include the Oreos to a food mill and pulse till the texture looks like coffee premises. You ought to have about 2 1/4 cups of crumbs.
Include the melted butter to the crumbs, pulsing till combined.
Utilizing the bottom of a water glass or determining cup, securely push the cookie crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of a deep meal pie plate, as uniformly as possible. Cool the crust while making the filling.
For the filling:
In a big blending bowl, beat the softened cream cheese till smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Include the peanut butter and mix till completely integrated. On low speed, mix in 1 cup powdered sugar. Reserve.
In a cooled blending bowl, whip 1 1/2 cups heavy light whipping cream to soft peak phase. Include the vanilla and 3 tablespoons powdered sugar and beat to stiff peaks. Carefully fold the light whipping cream into the peanut butter mix. Do not overmix.
Put the filling into the pie crust and smooth the top.
Spread the cooled ganache over the top of the pie, leaving a little border of peanut butter filling revealing around the edge. Sprinkle instantly with sliced peanuts.
Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or over night. Cut into 10 to 12 pieces to serve.
- If you choose, purchase Oreo cookie crumbs. You’ll require 2 1/4 cups of crumbs. You can likewise acquire an Oreo cookie crust however because they are smaller sized (not deep meal) you will have remaining filling.
- For a crunchier crust, bake the crust at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool the crust totally before including the filling.
- Cooling the whipping cream, blending bowl and beaters you’ll utilize to whip the cream will make sure great outcomes.
- An 8-ounce container of thawed Cool Whip can be replacemented for the light whipping cream, vanilla extract, and 3 tablespoons powdered sugar. The filling will be more durable and less fluffy if you utilize Cool Whip.
- Storage and Freezing: Cover the pie with foil and cool for as much as 4 days. To freeze: Cover the pie securely with foil and location in an airtight container or freezer bag. It will keep for as much as 1 month. The frozen pie will thaw rapidly; you’ll have the ability to slice it nearly instantly.
Serving: 1 piece, Calories: 740 kcal, Carbohydrates: 55 g, Protein: 15 g, Fat: 54 g, Hydrogenated Fat: 25 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 19 g, Trans Fat: 0.3 g, Cholesterol: 82 mg, Salt: 420 mg, Potassium: 458 mg, Fiber: 4 g, Sugar: 39 g, Vitamin A: 1018 IU, Vitamin C: 0.3 mg, Calcium: 150 mg, Iron: 5 mg
This site offers approximate nutrition info for benefit and as a courtesy just. Nutrition information is collected mostly from the USDA Food Structure Database, whenever offered, or otherwise other online calculators.